Bushman 12v 130-X & VoltaX Lithium & Enerdrive DCDC
We have had a lot of issues with the old 3way fridge running on gas in hot weather not getting cold enough. We decided to ditch it in favour of a Bushman 12v 130-X fridge. We also installed a VoltaX 200AH lithium battery & an Enerdrive DCDC 40+ charger to run it. We also had a gas bayonet installed at the front of the van so we can run our BBQ directly without requiring an additional bottle.
- 200ah Lithium and an Enerdrive DCDC charger – redid all of the wiring and fuse system
- Everything is fused and cable is sized according to Enerdrive recommendations
- New cable run inside van for both the fridge and the rooftop solar – 240w panels on roof
- Added Anderson plug for external unregulated solar panels – we have a 300w Antem solar blanket so will have 540w total if needed
- Had gas fitter do a new gas certificate after removal of gas line for fridge
- Gas fitter installed a bayonet to the van for plugging in a BBQ
- Gas fitter installed a new gas regulator
How Much Did It All Cost?
Well it wasn’t exactly a cheap exercise but it will be worth it to no have to put up with the temperamental old 3way fridge.
|Bushman 130-X fridge||$1495|
|Enerdrive DCDC charger||$465|
|200ah Volta-X lithium battery||$960|
|Fuses, cable, cable lugs and miscellaneous bits||$250|
|New regulator and hoses||$150|
It took me about 2 full weekends to install it all. It works great and we are very happy with the result. Here’s to plenty of cold beers on this years National Muster!