Ark XO 750 Jockey Wheel Fitted To Jayco All Terrain Caravan
I have fitted an Ark XO 750 jockey wheel to our new Jayco All Terrain 17.55-9.AT-MY22. It’s a massive improvement over the originally fitted jockey wheel. It’s the same process for other Jayco All Terrains.
We have had an Ark XO jockey wheel on a previous caravan and camper trailer and they are the best and toughest jockey wheels you can buy. We have dragged a heavy offroad caravan sideways with the Ark XO 750 jockey wheel on a gnarly track after getting stuck and it didn’t fail. The jockey wheel fitted to the Jayco All Terrain as purchased is honestly a bit of a joke. After paying nearly $70k for a caravan you’d expect a better jockey wheel. Particularly on a caravan that you are meant to be able to take up tough tracks and on iconic outback roads.
At some point if you are using your Jayco All Terrain pop top as it’s meant to be used you are going to have to skulldrag the thing on it’s jockey wheel. Well we are anyway! Fortunately everything else on our new Jayco All Terrain 17.55-9.AT-MY22 seems to be well made and of excellent design and quality.
Fitment is pretty straightforward. On a Jayco All Terrain there is plenty of room for the Ark XO 750. You need to fit it either side of the A-frame crossmember in order to make it fit. One issue I had was lining up the top left bolt between a couple of letters on the welded on VIN number.
The other issue I had was making sure I had room to turn the handle on the original jockey wheel mount so I could remove it. After a false start I and a bit of swearing I moved the mount about 10mm to the right and it worked. After removing the old red mount handle I fitted a shortened bolt in it’s place. I have left the original mount in place in case I ever need to fit a basic jockey wheel.
Swing Away Jockey Wheel On A Jayco All Terrain
The adjustment allowed for by an Ark XO jockey wheel means it swings up and out of the way when not in use. It weighs about 16kg so you need to account for this with your tow ball weight. That being said, the removable jockey wheel is a good 6 or 7kg on it’s own. The original while not of the swing away variety I’d put in the toolbox on the drawbar when not in use or right towards the back of the ute.
About The Ark XO 750 Jockey Wheel
Heavy duty body with 750kg rating
• Increases load carrying capacity and eliminates the likelihood of “bend” under weight
Heavy duty swivel clamp
• 4 bolt pivot point ensures no more bowing under weight
• Suitable for 75mm, 100mm, 130mm and 150mm drawbars
• Comes with mounting hardware – no more welding on to drawbars
4 x adjustable height positions
• 250mm height adjustability at each of the 4 positions, whilst maintaining a central swivel point for extra strength
Dual wheels with sealed bearings & Off road tread
• 2 x 8″ Premium wheels
• Increases off road grip and spreads the load
Variable yoke lock
• Allows you to lock the yoke in 1 of 5 positions when the jockey wheel is stowed, to allow for clearance of stone guards, toolboxes, jerry can holders etc
Easy-pivot trailing yoke design
• Wheel pivots easily, even under heavy load or on soft ground
Magnetic, removable, side-winding handle
• Easier raising & lowering of trailers/caravans – away from stone guards, toolboxes or jerry can holders
• Magnetic, removable handle ensures safe stowage and prevents damage in offroad situations